Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Odd postgres12 upgrade is changing or munging a password?
Date: 2020-05-07 19:24:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes same password, I'm using a basic alter command to put the right
password back.

I'm doing another upgrade in an hour, and will do some more checks to see
if it's trying to use another password or what. I obviously can't read the
password from the file , so knowing if it's munged or other, I'm not sure
is possible.

Upgrade command i'm running

time /usr/pgsql-12/bin/pg_upgrade --old-bindir /usr/pgsql-9.5/bin/
--new-bindir /usr/pgsql-12/bin/ --old-datadir /pgsql/9.5/data --new-datadir
/pgsql/12/data --link

So it's very odd. and I've not experienced this in other environments, it's
just this one. Now it's a bigger data set, but very odd.

I'm also not seeing any other data issues, just seems to be this one
password.

Thanks,

If there are commands I can run on the data before I do an alter, to give
someone more info, let me know

Tory