Re: Postgres upgrade, security release, where?

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgres performance list <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres upgrade, security release, where?
Date: 2013-04-02 03:35:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 09:40:07AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> > > Due to the security nature of the release, the source and binaries will
> > > only be publicly available on April 4 --- there are no pre-release
> > > versions available.
> >
> > The PostgreSQL homepage has a big announcement saying
> > "PostgreSQL minor versions released!", including a mention of a
> > "security issue";
> > unfortunately it's not obvious that this is for the prior 9.2.3 release
> and as
> > the announcement of the upcoming security release
> > ( http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1454/ ) does not mention the
> > new release number, methinks there is plenty of room for confusion :(
> >
> > It might be an idea to update the "splash box" with details of the
> upcoming
> > release.
>
> >I agree updating the "spash box" would make sense.

Thanks all

My confusion was due to the fact that the other day there was a splash box
or other indication regarding the security fix release of April 4th and
when I went back today (just because), the message had changed citing there
was a security fix etc and no mention of a major fix coming in a few days.

My apologies for the confusion

Tory