Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair?

From: Sam Gendler <sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: "W(dot)P(dot)" <laurentp(at)wp(dot)pl>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Damaged (during upgrade?) table, how to repair?
Date: 2021-07-06 05:04:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 1:20 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> In any case I don't see you getting a 9.5 version on the laptop in the
> package directories. Pretty sure the Fedora 30 repos will not have 9.5
> and the Postgres repos don't go back to Fedora 30. So if you want a 9.5
> instance you will need to build it from source in order to get a server
> that works long enough to restore the 9.5 dump to so you can then use
> the 11 instance pg_dump to dump in order to move to the 11 instance.

There are 9.5 docker images available from dockerhub. Easy enough to run
postgres from inside one of those with the postgres data dir mounted
inside, I would think. Could even use an 11 image to connect to it for
pg_dump.

--sam