Re: Invalid memory alloc request size

From: Samuel Gendler <sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>
To: Mahavir Trivedi <mahavir(dot)trivedi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Invalid memory alloc request size
Date: 2012-10-31 10:34:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

This was answered on the list last time you asked it. You are exceeding a
maximum buffer size. There was an implication that it was related to
converting a string from one encoding to another that could maybe be
alleviated by using the same encoding in both client and server, but a more
reliable solution is probably breaking your sql file into smaller pieces
(or, perhaps even better would be bulk-loading the data via COPY, assuming
that isn't subject to the same buffer size limitation ). I suppose you
could investigate recompiling postgresql with a larger buffer, though that
is likely to have side effects that i certainly can't predict.