duplicate key errors in log file

From: anj patnaik <patna73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: duplicate key errors in log file
Date: 2015-11-17 23:33:07
Lists: pgsql-general

The pg log files apparently log error lines every time a user inserts a
duplicate. I implemented a composite primary key and then when I see the
exception in my client app I update the row with the recent data.

however, I don't want the log file to fill out with these error messages
since it's handled by the client.

is there a way to stop logging certain messages?

Also do any of you use any options to cause log files not to fill up the
disk over time?

Thanks,
ap