Re: 2 questions

From: anj patnaik <patna73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2 questions
Date: 2015-12-01 17:16:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the info Scott.

Can I setup a primary server called A that uses the Postgres installation
on a nfs mounted filesystem and then A does a daily backup of database A
and restores to database B on same filesystem.

Then I have server B acting as cold standby and if server A goes down, then
B would make the backup DB active?

In this case, both server A and B have the same NFS mount, but B is not
always writing to the data.

The target environment I am moving to is a RAID5 system with mirrored
discs. I will be getting a VM on a physical server and the mirrored disks
will store the database. I would like to setup a primary and secondary as
cold standby.

I am fairly new to PG so asking these questions.

Please advise. Thank you.