2 questions

From: anj patnaik <patna73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 2 questions
Date: 2015-11-25 18:28:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,
I've got 2 more questions. The cron job is now setup and email gets
generated with proper body.

I've one setup with NFS which appears to work smoothly. Now soon, I will be
given a Linux VM on a different physical server, but will retain my NFS
mount. I've installed Postgres 9.4 using the graphical installer and
specified the directory for the nfs mount.

1) When I move to the new VM, can I keep using that NFS mount without
having to do a re-install of PG? This would be a different physical
machine.

2) I have a cron job that deletes log files older than 10 days, but I am
noticing rather large log files. Is there a way to limit the size of log
files?

users do upserts and they are valid, but those are getting dumped as error
statements. I set the verbosity to "terse", but still seeing lots of log
output.

My settings are as follows:
postgres=# select name,setting,unit from pg_settings where name like
'%log%';
name | setting | unit
-----------------------------+--------------------------------+------
log_autovacuum_min_duration | -1 | ms
log_checkpoints | off |
log_connections | off |
log_destination | stderr |
log_directory | pg_log |
log_disconnections | off |
log_duration | off |
log_error_verbosity | terse |
log_executor_stats | off |
log_file_mode | 0600 |
log_filename | postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log |
log_hostname | off |
log_line_prefix | %t |
log_lock_waits | off |
log_min_duration_statement | -1 | ms