Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron

From: anj patnaik <patna73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error messages not getting logged when running script from cron
Date: 2015-11-24 00:33:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I am seeing a bizarre behavior. The command works fine when called directly
from prompt, but when invoked via cron, there is no output nor mail.

This works fine:
script 2>&1 | tee /tmp/ff ; mailx -s "email" -myemail(at)company(dot)com < /tmp/ff

Now, I place the identical line in crontab file and the output file /tmp/ff
does not get generated.

Inside script, i am running a pg_restore which dumps output to stdout. The
usage of tee is the only way to cause it to go into a file.

Any idea here? Thanks