run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM

From: anj patnaik <patna73(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: run 2 instances of postgres 9.4 on same linux VM
Date: 2015-11-09 19:40:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a linux 6.5 RHEL VM in which I am running an instance of PG 9.4. In
order to test NFS, I want to run a second instance on same VM but different
file system.

Has anyone done this and is it possible with no issues?

Or is it better to run different versions of PG on same server?

Please advise. Thanks