Re: pg_dump (COPY) hanging intermittently

From: Ben Snaidero <bensnaidero(at)geotab(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump (COPY) hanging intermittently
Date: 2019-07-04 16:37:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Ben Snaidero <bensnaidero(at)geotab(dot)com> writes:
> > Do these stack traces shed help at all?
>
> None worth mentioning :-(. Can you rebuild with debug symbols?
>
> regards, tom lane

So I've rebuilt with debug symbols and for some reason I am now unable to
reproduce the issue. I've also gone back the original binaries and can
also no longer reproduce the issue. I am starting to think this might be
network related (storage is network attached) as I haven't even rebooted
the server I have been using to test.

Thanks for all your help. At least I learned how to build from the source
(with debug) so I gained something from working through this issue.