Increasing code-coverage of 'make check'

From: Robins <robins(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Increasing code-coverage of 'make check'
Date: 2013-03-11 01:52:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I was checking code-coverage of 'make check' and saw that the regression
tests don't touch files like psql_help.c at all (read 0%).

Attached is a (very small) patch to work on one ABORT help function as a
sample.

The reason why I post this is, to know if increasing the code-coverage (as
a task) is considered important at all (to me it is). If so, I could get
going with creating tests for more untouched lines / functions in 'make
check'.

Any other feedback is more than welcome.

(The patch is wrt to yesterday's pull)
---
Robins
Tharakan

Attachment Content-Type Size
commit-fa82e86 application/octet-stream 1.5 KB