Re: Stored procedure and transactions

From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: inspector morse <inspectormorse86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Stored procedure and transactions
Date: 2015-02-19 03:36:50
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 19 February 2015 at 06:39, inspector morse <inspectormorse86(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out if the following stored procedure is safe in a
> high concurrency environment.

PgAdmin-Support is for issues specific to PgAdmin.

Further, Concurrency is a relatively complicated topic, but more
importantly I am not sure if PgAdmin-Support is the right place to request
help for this query.

You should probably be looking at an appropriate PostgreSQL mailing lists
for this query, although without putting in much thought / effort
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/mvcc.html> / input from your
end, and without asking a query that isn't already clear in the docs, you'd
be lucky to get the answer you're looking for.​

--
Robins Tharakan