ERROR: found multixact XX from before relminmxid YY

From: Mark Fletcher <markf(at)corp(dot)groups(dot)io>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: found multixact XX from before relminmxid YY
Date: 2018-12-29 00:25:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Starting yesterday morning, auto vacuuming of one of our postgresql 9.6.10
(CentOS 7) table's started failing:

ERROR: found multixact 370350365 from before relminmxid 765860874
CONTEXT: automatic vacuum of table "userdb.public.subs"

This is about as plain and simple a table as there is. No triggers or
foreign keys, I'm not using any extensions. It has about 2.8M rows. I have
not done any consistency checks, but nothing strange has manifested in
production.

Reading the various discussions about this error, the only solution I found
was here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAGewt-ukbL6WL8cc-G%2BiN9AVvmMQkhA9i2TKP4-6wJr6YOQkzA%40mail.gmail.com

But no other reports of this solving the problem. Can someone verify that
if I do the mentioned fix (and I assume upgrade to 9.6.11) that will fix
the problem? And that it doesn't indicate table corruption?

Thanks,
Mark