Re: Shared buffer hash table corrupted

From: Mark Fletcher <markf(at)corp(dot)groups(dot)io>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shared buffer hash table corrupted
Date: 2020-02-22 17:28:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 2:53 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Personally, I'd restart the postmaster, but not do more than that unless
> the error recurs.

Thanks for the response. I did restart the postmaster yesterday. Earlier
this morning, a query that normally completes fine started to error out
with 'invalid memory alloc request size 18446744073709551613'. Needless to
say our database isn't quite that size. This query was against a table in a
different database than the one that had the corruption warning yesterday.
Restarting the postmaster again fixed the problem. For good measure I
restarted the machine as well.

I need to decide what to do next, if anything. We have a hot standby that
we also run queries against, and it hasn't shown any errors. I can switch
over to that as the primary. Or I can move the main database to a different
physical host.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark