Re: index duplicates primary key, but is used more?

From: Steven Chang <stevenchang1213(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jonathan vanasco <postgres(at)2xlp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: index duplicates primary key, but is used more?
Date: 2017-06-04 04:36:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I suggest you log all execution plan in your db log through using
auto_explain extension.
And then analyze the stats about your concerned indexes .
No hint syntax in Postgresql.
Which indexes and join method would be adopt all depend on optimizer
whose behaviour is also affected by some parameters.

Steven