Planning to change autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor value to zero. Please suggest me if any negative impact.

From: Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Planning to change autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor value to zero. Please suggest me if any negative impact.
Date: 2018-04-10 17:45:22
Lists: pgsql-general

We are using postgres *9.2* version on *Centos *operating system. We
have around 1300+ tables.
We have following auto vacuum settings are enables. Still few of the tables
which are always busy are not vacuumed. Due to that tables are bloating and
observed few areas has performance degradation.

autovacuum_max_workers = 6
autovacuum_naptime = 15s
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 25
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 10
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.1
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.05
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 10ms
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = 1000

To avoid the above problem, I am planning to make '
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor'
value to zero and autovacuum_vacuum_threshold value to 150. Please
suggest me does it have any negative impact.

--
Regards,
Raghavendra Rao J S V