Please HELP me! - pgAdmin 4 v4.x on macOS BigSuk

From: May Kue <may(dot)kue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please HELP me! - pgAdmin 4 v4.x on macOS BigSuk
Date: 2021-02-25 22:56:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello!

I hope 2021 isn't as crappy AND exciting for you as it has been in my neck
of the woods.

*Before I begin, I did read the installation notes and there is a work
around solution:*

"There is a known issue of pgAdmin freezing on launch on macOS BigSur
because of a bug in Qt 5.13 and 5.14 versions. Till this issue is fixed,
the work-around for this is to set the variable QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER."

I've scoured search engines and cannot follow any of the solutions, even
though one seemed legit.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-87014

I am a student and have been trying to install pgAdmin for two weeks now on
a MacOs BigSur (for personal reasons why I am using a Mac...I am an idiot
and will conquer this dammit!). My other classmates with Macs just went
back to Windows and have to buy new laptops - which is crazy. I am crazier
by trying to get it to work.

Can you please help me with this with a step-by-step guide as I realize
praying to Apple, God, Buddha or Oprah won't resolve this issue? I know
that it is a lot to ask but...PRETTY PLEASE??? I will gladly share it with
my "not my problem" professor and anyone trying to survive post 2020. And
the Reddit forum...Oh goodness, we're doomed.

If you can't help me with this, can you just respond with "That sucks. Go
away." so that I am not waiting for Gadot? I'll still be grateful that
another human exists...

Anyway, thank you for your time. Until I hear back, I will be staring at
the monitor and pray that Mac gets their shit together. Everyday I am
fighting a battle with Windows, Mac, Google, Covid, Mother Nature (I have
curly hair), what to eat, Netflix...and don't get me started with my family
(I have a big family = so screwed for life BUT SO SO LOVED! ). So yeah, I
have that going for me...can you please help a sister out?😱

God Speed,
Kue

PS
It's not that my professor doesn't care. I think he just doesn't want to
admit he has been in the same boat as I. Yeah, he probably hates his life
as a professor during Covid...