Re: Unable to use pg_verify_checksums

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: shashidhar Reddy <shashidharreddy001(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unable to use pg_verify_checksums
Date: 2022-11-04 07:18:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Le ven. 4 nov. 2022 à 07:12, shashidhar Reddy <shashidharreddy001(at)gmail(dot)com>
a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am using postgres version 11, in the process of upgrade using pg_upgrade
> I am trying to run checksums on version 11 but getting error
>
> pg_verify_checksums: data checksums are not enabled in cluster
>
> when trying to enable /pg_verify_checksums: unrecognized option '--enable'

Yeah, that's why it's called pg_verify_checksums: it only does a check of
checksums, it can't enable checksums.

Look at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/pgverifychecksums.html, there's
no --enable option.

I need help on this.

Well, on v11, you need to initdb to enable checksums. So dump your
databases, initdb with checksums, and then restore your databases.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.