Re: PostgreSQL Europe 2017 Elections: Open for nominations

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe 2017 Elections: Open for nominations
Date: 2017-01-23 21:33:54
Lists: pgeu-general

> Hello,
>
> The 2017 elections for the board of directors of PostgreSQL Europe is now
> entering its first active phase, nominations. Stepping down this year are
> Magnus Hagander, and Daniel Gustafsson. All of them remain eligible for
> re-election.
>
> From today until January 23rd, we are open for nominations for the two
> board positions being elected this year. For a member to be a candidate in
> the elections, he/she must be nominated by a current member and seconded by
> another. It is possible to nominate yourself. There is no limit on the
> number of people you can nominate.
>
> If you wish to nominate somebody other than yourself, we suggest you
> contact this person beforehand and ensure that he/she is willing to be
> elected.
>
> To nominate somebody, send an email to pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
> with the name of the person being nominated. To second a nomination, just
> nomination.
>
> If you have been nominated and seconded, please send a short introduction
> about yourself to elections(at)postgresql(dot)eu - this will be posted
> along with all other introductions when the voting phase begins on January
> 30th. If this introduction has not been sent in by January 30th, your
> candidacy will be considered invalid and dropped from the elections. For
> this reason, make sure you have received confirmation (by human) that this
> email has arrived, and if it hasn't, contact any of the current board
> members to make sure you're not getting incorrectly dropped. Please do
> *not* send this introduction to the general list, just to
> elections(at)postgresql(dot)eu
>
> For full details about the election procedures, please see
> https://www.postgresql.eu/about/elections/

Nominations are now closed.

I see three nominations seconded and accepted:
* Magnus Hagander
* Daniel Gustafsson
* Gülçin Yldrim

They have till end of sunday (January 29th) to send their short
introductions at elections(at)postgresql(dot)eu, and on monday 30th, we'll
proceed with the vote.

--
Guillaume.
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info