Re: [Junk released by User action] Re: [Junk released by User action] Re: [External] Postgres Database Disk Usage

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: CONVERS Yann - DREAL Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes/CIDDAE/SIG <yann(dot)convers(at)developpement-durable(dot)gouv(dot)fr>
Cc: priyanka chatterjee <pc9926(at)gmail(dot)com>, MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA(at)sqlexec(dot)com>, Jeremiah Bauer <jbauer(at)agristats(dot)com>, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>, Vijaykumar Jain <vjain(at)opentable(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Junk released by User action] Re: [Junk released by User action] Re: [External] Postgres Database Disk Usage
Date: 2019-02-11 11:16:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Le lun. 11 févr. 2019 à 08:44, CONVERS Yann - DREAL
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes/CIDDAE/SIG <yann(dot)convers(at)developpement-durable(dot)gouv(dot)fr>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> vaccum full don't deliver free space from files not in database. Your
> files are in the same directory but postgres doesn't kows them.
>
> You must restore database and rename it, if you need to keep same name.
>
> you can delete files without link in pg_database but it's more dangerous
> if you make mistake.
>
> I have doing that to time last month on database of 300 GB.
>
> I think i have a bog between proxmox/postgres 9.6.11 and ubuntu 16.04 but
> i haven't found it

There's more chance that PostgreSQL crashed for whatever reason and it lost
tracks of some files because of that. Did you experience crash with
PostgreSQL? because it shouldn't forget files otherwise.

--
Guillaume.