Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ron Gregor <RGregor(at)wcnjcd(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "rod(at)iol(dot)ie" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version
Date: 2015-06-30 20:37:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

> I only did the plain text as it was a suggested test.

That's a good test as long as you don't use pgAdmin to restore it :)

> I still have the situation that the same version of pgadmin makes a back
> up on a win 7 64 bit machine can not be restored using a win xp system. It
> gets the unsupported version error for some unknown reason. Both systems
> used the same msi file to install pgadmin and I double checked that
> pg_dump.exe and pg_restore.exe are the same versions on both machines.

I've read the whole thread. It seems you have the "unsupported version
(1.11) in file header". It still has nothing to do with your OS version or
32bits/64 bits OS. 1.11 dumps are created with a 8.4 pg_dump. So, the
pg_restore you're using isn't 8.4. It might be 8.3 (version 1.10 dumps
required) or 9.0+ (version 1.12 dumps required).

Be careful that you might have more than one version of pg_restore
installed on your computer. Actually, pgadmin installs its own pg_restore
tool. Which release of pgAdmin are you using?

--
Guillaume.
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info