Re: OSX UI Crashes

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: dave(at)phased(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSX UI Crashes
Date: 2014-11-06 07:01:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 5 nov. 2014 10:46, "Dave Barter" <dave(dot)barter(at)gmail(dot)com> a écrit :

> We’ve developed a 20,000 line+ workflow in PL/PGSQL pgadmin is by far the
best tool for developing and debugging the PL/PGSQL scripts

> But we use OSX as our office platform and are seeing continuing UI
crashes in two cases.

> Case 1, we have a number of query windows open and maybe a fair amount of
message text in the Message panel from RAISE NOTICE outputs. Resizing the
window from either the bottom right corner control or the Message panel
crashes PGADMIN completely. It is hard to recreate the issue consistently,
I believe it is linked to output being in the message panel.

> Case 2, using the debugger it is easy to crash the UI after extended use,
this may be down to multiple developers hitting the same instance of
Postgres when a single user is debugging a function

> Case 2 we can live with. case 1 is causing no end of heartache and I bet
is down to a problem with the WX control not PGAdmin. Is there anything we
can do to help or proactively fix this, bearing in mind we are SQL
developers and have very little C++ in the office.

I won't be able to help you there as I don't have a Mac anymore...

> Finally, can I lobby for a tabbed view when using the query window. Would
make developing that little more joyful ;-)

... But I'd be interested in knowing more about this. What kind of view
would you like?

> This error happens in all versions of PGADMIN 1.18 upwards, we’re
currently testing the beta 1.20 but can cause it in earlier versions.