Re: Create temporary table in replica instances issues

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Saravanan Shanmugam <saravanantvr1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Create temporary table in replica instances issues
Date: 2022-07-28 09:40:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Le jeu. 28 juil. 2022 à 11:12, Saravanan Shanmugam <
saravanantvr1984(at)gmail(dot)com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> We have AWS RDS with Primary and replica node to balance IO RW for
> application performance,
>
> In such cases we will be livergaing all read related queries to replica
> nodes,
> sometimes we will create temp tables not physical tables and do some
> complicated queries .
>
> PG SQL replica node throws Create table not allowed in reader-instance
> But this not Physical table its temporary table, in MS-SQL and MYSQL are
> supporting, Why Pgsql is not supporting??

There's still metadata to write in catalogs (table definition mostly, such
as table metadata, columns metadata, etc). These are writes on permanent
tables, and those aren't allowed on a replica node.

Please do we have this option to enable or is this a bug??

No option, and not a bug.

--
Guillaume.