pg_basebackup and timeline issues

From: Clécio Anderson <clecioanderson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_basebackup and timeline issues
Date: 2020-05-19 18:02:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

Sometimes when I need to run pg_basebackup to recreate a slave server I
receive the error message below:

Latest checkpoint is at 427A/6D6743F0 on timeline 2, but in the history of
the requested timeline, the server forked off from that timeline at 0/0

When it happens.. After I edit master's history file pointing to a timeline
referenced by the slave's slot I can issue the pg_basebackup without hassle.

I would like to know If there is any way to ignore or bypass this timeline
lookup on master`s history file when issuing pg_basebackup command on slave
server.

Thanks!!

--
*Regards**,*