Re: issues when installing postgres

From: Antonio Silva <aolinto(dot)lst(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tim Cross <theophilusx(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: issues when installing postgres
Date: 2018-05-10 11:08:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Tim and Adrian

Thanks for your attention.

Finally I solved the problem. In addition to deleting files as suggested it
seems to be important to *remove postgres user and group* (userdel -r
postgres, groupdel postgres) before the new install.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2748607/how-to-thoroughly-purge-and-reinstall-postgresql-on-ubuntu

And life goes on ...

All the best

Antonio Olinto