Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?

From: Susan Cassidy <susan(dot)cassidy(at)decisionsciencescorp(dot)com>
To: Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>
Cc: Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net, s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: Any freeware graphic display of DDL software available?
Date: 2014-01-16 23:12:50
Lists: pgsql-general

What are the "dot" lines for? They don't seem to work on my Linux
installation. I tried adding them to the initial line, and I see no .pdf
output. I just see:

Producing testdb.dia from /usr/share/postgresql_autodoc/dia.tmpl
Producing testdb.dot from /usr/share/postgresql_autodoc/dot.tmpl
Producing testdb.html from /usr/share/postgresql_autodoc/html.tmpl
Producing testdb.neato from /usr/share/postgresql_autodoc/neato.tmpl
Producing testdb.xml from /usr/share/postgresql_autodoc/xml.tmpl
Producing testdb.zigzag.dia from
/usr/share/postgresql_autodoc/zigzag.dia.tmpl

The .html file just shows a table-like representation of each individual
table, which is no real use to me, as I need the relationships between
tables to show graphically.

What do I do with a .dot or .dia formatted file?

Thanks,
Susan

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com