Re: Bogus documentation for bogus geometric operators

From: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bogus documentation for bogus geometric operators
Date: 2020-04-28 16:33:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Perhaps it's too late in the v13 cycle to actually do anything
> about this code-wise, but what should I do documentation-wise?
> I'm certainly not eager to document that these operators behave
> inconsistently depending on which type you're talking about.

I don't think we need to worry too much about doing something in the
v13 cycle. The geometric operators had and evidently still have so
many bugs. Nobody complains about them other than the developers who
read the code.

I am happy to prepare a patch for the next release to fix the current
operators and add the missing ones.