Re: pgAdmin4 speed

From: Shira Bezalel <shira(at)sfei(dot)org>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Richard Greenwood <richard(dot)greenwood(at)gmail(dot)com>, Mike Surcouf <mikes(at)surcouf(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 speed
Date: 2017-05-25 19:05:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Mike Surcouf <mikes(at)surcouf(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> I just changed from Windows desktop to SERVER_MODE with apache and it is
> completely different app.
>
> So much faster. Looks like there is something seriously wrong with the
> Qt implementation.
>
> Plus I only have to install it once.
>
> It’s a pain to setup in server mode though.

​I, too, am finding pgAdmin 4 v1.5 in standalone mode​ to be much slower
than previous versions on Windows 10. Here are some examples:

- Launching the application takes 32 seconds.

- Expanding the Servers icon takes 6 seconds to populate.
- Expanding the Databases icon takes 10 seconds to populate.

I don't have the exact numbers from the pgAdmin 4 v1.4 or v1.3, but I don't
believe it was this slow. As for pgAdmin III numbers:

​- Launching takes 3 seconds.
- Expanding the Servers and Databases icons are near instantaneous.

​pgAdmin 4 About:

Version1.5
CopyrightCopyright 2013 - 2017, The pgAdmin Development Team
Python Version2.7.13 (v2.7.13:a06454b1afa1, Dec 17 2016, 20:42:59) [MSC
v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
Flask Version0.11.1
Application ModeDesktop
Current Userpgadmin4(at)pgadmin(dot)org