Re: pgAdmin III does not display Default Privileges for schemas

From: Shira Bezalel <shira(at)sfei(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III does not display Default Privileges for schemas
Date: 2014-02-13 20:40:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I found this thread from 2012 concerning a problem where pgAdmin III
doesn't display default privileges for schemas:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1356354218.2000.30.camel@localhost.localdomain

The thread says the fix has been made, but I just downloaded the latest
Windows version (v 1.18.1) of pgAdmin III and the problem still seems to be
happening. Is the fix not available in this version?

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 20:38 -0600, Nathan Alden wrote:

> Windows 7 x64
> PostgreSQL 9.2.2
> pgAdmin III 1.16.1
>
> Follow these steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Connect to the postgres DB.
> 2. Run the following SQL:
>
> create database test_database;
>
> 3. Run the following SQL:
>
> create role my_group;
>
> 4. Connect to the test_database DB.
> 5. Run the following SQL:
>
> alter default privileges in schema public grant all on types to my_group;
>
> 6. Open pgAdmin III.
> 7. Navigate to the public schema in test_database.
> 8. Right-click the public schema and choose Properties.
> 9. Select the Default Privileges tab.
> 10. Note that all four subtabs are empty, and the Role drop-down lists do
> not list my_group as a role.
>
> Thanks for your report, it's fixed now.
>

>--
>Guillaume