Rename or Removing Postgres user

From: Devendra Yadav <devendra(dot)857(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Rename or Removing Postgres user
Date: 2019-02-14 06:49:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Postgres Experts,

I want to know if I rename 'postgres' user to 'someuser' retaining it's
privileges i.e superuser and other privileges.

Or what if I drop the 'postgres' user and create a new superuser. I tried
dropping Postgres user but it says "cannot drop role postgres because it is
required by the database system".

So my concern is what happens if I rename it. As far as I can check there's
no impact, but in case anyone has faced issues regarding this, please
suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Devendra