March meeting this week!

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: March meeting this week!
Date: 2013-03-19 17:06:05
Lists: pdxpug

When: 7-9pm Thu March 21, 2013
Where: Iovation
Who: Gabrielle Roth
What: Autovacuum and You

Autovacuum’s like a Roomba, right? You just turn it on and it does all
the work for you. Well, not quite – for one, your pets can’t ride
around on it – and occasionally it may get stuck in a (figurative)
corner. In this talk, we’ll discuss vacuum, analyze, and their
daemonic counterparts: how to adjust them to perform appropriately*,
and perhaps more importantly, what the heck are they actually doing?

This is a beginner-to-intermediate level talk, but you will learn
something new about vacuuming, regardless.**

Gabrielle Roth is a consultant with EnterpriseDB. She specializes in
network, database, and system monitoring, as well as abusing SQL.

Our meeting will be held at Iovation, on the 32nd floor of the US
Bancorp Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak). It’s right on the Green &
Yellow Max lines. Underground bike parking is available in the parking
garage; outdoors all around the block in the usual spots. No bikes in
the office, sorry!

Building security will close access to the floor at 7:30.

After-meeting beer location: Huber’s, the oldest bar in Portland. See you there!