long running delete

From: Mark Steben <mark(dot)steben(at)drivedominion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: long running delete
Date: 2016-06-28 16:10:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good morning,

We have been running a delete for nearly 24 hours now. I would like to
verify that it is either doing what it is supposed to do or 'spinning its
wheels'.

We are running postgres 9.2.12.

The delete statement is not waiting on any other transaction.

I have run straces on the pid and I see lots of 'reads, lseeks, and an
occasional semop. I have also looked in the base directory at the file
matched by the oid of the table (as defined in pg_class) and have seen no
change in size.

Is there somewhere else I can verify that work is / is not being done?
Perhaps looking for something else in strace?

Thanks for your time.

--
*Mark Steben*
Database Administrator