Re: moving a backup from on-prem linux to azure

From: Mark Steben <mark(dot)steben(at)drivedominion(dot)com>
To: "Ahmed, Nawaz (Fuji Xerox Australia)" <Nawaz(dot)Ahmed(at)aus(dot)fujixerox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: moving a backup from on-prem linux to azure
Date: 2019-11-12 15:31:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you for your prompt response Nawaz. We have used slony in the past
and can consider it again.
I was thinking as an alternative to perform an in-place upgrade (9.4 to
11.5) on the on-prem server, then setting up streaming replication to
azure. Is that possible?

--
*Mark Steben*
Database Administrator