Re: Hot standby & SR - log shipping required?

From: Jov <amutu(at)amutu(dot)com>
To: Ray Stell <stellr(at)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot standby & SR - log shipping required?
Date: 2013-09-14 03:31:05
Lists: pgsql-general

he log shipping is useful when SR slave can not catch up the master and
hungry enough to cause replication stop work.For example,when you want to
stop the slave for a long time or do a large copy from,the
wal_keep_segments on master reached,SR slave may not catch up the master.If
log shipping is on,the slave will replay the WAL from archives,when catch
up,RS will start again.

Jov
blog: http:amutu.com/blog <http://amutu.com/blog>