Re: pgAdmin 4.1.6 can't backup

From: Julio Aguilar <madth3(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4.1.6 can't backup
Date: 2017-09-19 16:16:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

I had to try a couple of times because pgAdmin refused to create the debug
log in the same folder of the regular log.

I noticed another thing. When I press the "Backup" button pgAdmin seems to
do nothing (you might think that you missed the button), and when I click
Backup a second time is when the process crashes.
I tried leaving pgAdmin alone for a while but it gives no sign that is
doing anything.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you provide us pgAdmin4 log file named 'pgadmin4.log'?
> *Log Location:* "C:\Users\*<YOUR_USERNAME>*\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin"
>
> Set the log level to debug (Ref: https://www.pgadmin.org/faq/#8),
> Rename/Delete the old log file, restart pgAdmin4 and try to re-produce the
> issue again and then send us log file.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> [image: https://community.postgresrocks.net/]
> <https://community.postgresrocks.net/>
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Julio Aguilar <madth3(dot)dev(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> pgAdmin 4 1.6
>> Desktop mode
>> Windows 10 (es_mx regional configuration if that matters)
>> Postgresql 9.6
>>

>> If I start a local backup (Custom type, default options in everything) I
>> get a small dialog with the error
>>
>> object of type 'bool' has no len()
>>

>> If I try a remote backup with the same options, the program crashes with
>> a "Python stopped working" dialog.
>>
>> Both backups worked if done on command line with pg_dump.
>>

>> I have Pyhton 3.6 on the PATH recently installed. Could that be the
>> problem?

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgAdmin-debug.log application/octet-stream 341.6 KB