[libpq] Async Queries and the Order of Execution

From: Helmut Dittenwald <feldgrau77(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [libpq] Async Queries and the Order of Execution
Date: 2018-12-09 16:30:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi everyone!

I have some very simple, single-threaded, client-side C code:

PQsendPrepare(...);
PQsetnonblocking(...);
while(1) {
PQsendQueryPrepared(...); // [1]
// Here I PQgetResult and PQclear it when done. Not shown to keep brevity.
}

Now I'm curious whether the queries [1] are executed in the same order as
they are being sent..?
My experiments indicate that this is the case, but is it guaranteed?

Best Regards,
HD