Re: Bug #6238: pgagent 4.0 : SQL Jobstep code not UTF-8 safe

From: Ashesh Vashi <asheshvashi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Frank Limpert <limpus(at)t-online(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug #6238: pgagent 4.0 : SQL Jobstep code not UTF-8 safe
Date: 2021-04-28 16:36:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Frank,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:42 PM Frank Limpert <limpus(at)t-online(dot)de> wrote:

> Dear Mr. Vashi,
>
> I turn to you because you were the last person to deal with the problem
> before me, who obviously can change the assignee of that issue.
>
> I have updated the issue mentioned in the subject in redmine more than
> two weeks ago. My findings using pgagent 4.2.1 from
> https://git.postgresql.org/git/pgagent.git
> <https://git.postgresql.org/git/pgagent.git> were rather serious.
>
> I would like you to assign this issue to some project member
> knowledgeable with text encodings. Unfortunately, I can't add more to
> solve this bug.

I was not aware of that - the case had been updated, as I am not currently
closely involved with the project at the moment.
I will look into the issue in a few days, and update you accordingly.

Please keep the pgadmin-support mailing list in loop to reach out to the
community.

> Happy computing...

Happy Coding.. :)

-- Thanks,