Re: vacuum toast loop?

From: gleeco <gleeco(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuum toast loop?
Date: 2017-01-11 19:30:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes - severe bloat on this toast table is quite true. I'm trying to get
things righted.

A bit more info:

* autovacuum was on, runtime was weeks...
* maintenace_work_mem is higher than 1G
* there is a huge amount of mutation & updates
* ballpark is 500M rows
* after 'looping' on the vacuum of this toast, i see:

relname | n_live_tup | n_dead_tup
pg_toast_17283 | 173145066 | 2461775286

Main question now: is there actually new work getting done when it
repeats? ie. am i making progress?

thanks in advance!

-gleeco

--