Re: Stored Procedure Performance

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stored Procedure Performance
Date: 2017-10-11 13:59:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks Laurenz, am having a look at perf.

Can you pls help understand what exactly do you mean when you say "PL/pgSQL
is not optimized for performance like PL/SQL". Do you mean to indicate that
app firing queries/DMLs directly would be a better option as compared to
putting those in Stored Procs?

Regards