Re: postgresql tuning with perf

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql tuning with perf
Date: 2017-10-24 11:39:01
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Pascal,

Do you mean the sample program that acts as the application, do you want me
to share that? I can do that, but I guess my post will get blocked.

Yes, c1 is the PK. Pls see below:
bmdb=# desc dept_new
Table "public.dept_new"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+---------------+-----------
c1 | numeric(10,0) | not null
c2 | numeric(10,0) |
.
.
.
.
.
c205 | numeric(10,0) |
"dept_new_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (c1)

bmdb=#

We dont analyze after loading the table. But I guess thats required only if
the query plan is in doubt, lets say its doing a full table scan or alike,
isnt it? That is not the case. The query is using PK index but it just
seems to be slow.

Thanks