Re: Inconsistency of timezones in postgresql

From: Chris BSomething <xpusostomos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inconsistency of timezones in postgresql
Date: 2024-07-31 19:03:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Well... I guess then at least we have...

AT TIME ZONE INTERVAL '8 hours'

or indeed...

AT TIME ZONE INTERVAL '+8h'

so at a bare minimum we need documentation that promotes that, and warns
about UTC+-

I still think Z+- would be a few lines of code that would be a cool fix
that wouldn't hurt anyone, but anyway.

Chris