i added Arabic Dictionary but how I know i'm using it

From: Mohammed falih <moh(dot)falih98(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: i added Arabic Dictionary but how I know i'm using it
Date: 2022-08-17 11:33:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings Dear

I hope you are fine and doing well.

I have a created a dictionary in postgres successfully

but how may I know that I'm using it?

because I'm doing now queries and the results are the same before I
created the dictionary

I downloaded an rar folder that I supposed its a dictionary

i copied a files called th_ar.dat and ar.aff and pasted them in tsearch
folder in postgres folder and renamed them as the_ar.dict and th_ar.affix

as the documentation in postgres told me

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/textsearch-dictionaries.html#TEXTSEARCH-ISPELL-DICTIONARY

I created the dictionary by this query

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY arabic_dict (

TEMPLATE = ispell,

DictFile = th_ar,

AffFile = th_ar,

Stopwords = arabic);

and as you know the purpose in dictionary is like when you're searching for
an example a "house" the results will also retrieve a records with "home"
because it's a synonymous but when I run queries nothing happens

so my questions are

1)is there anything I should do before do the query to use the dictionary?

2) is there any chance that I'm doing something wrong ? please mention them?

3) how i know that the dictionary I'm using is correct ?

thank you for your efforts

my best regards