The postgres server don't work

From: Mohammed falih <moh(dot)falih98(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: The postgres server don't work
Date: 2022-01-07 18:05:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Mr/Mrs
I hope you are fine and doing well
I have a problem with the postgres server
first my operating system is windows 10 pro
and my postgres version is 13
this problem i have tried to solve it for more than two weeks and nothing
changed
lastly I have formatted the laptop and downloaded only PostgreSQL program
and it worked well for less than a hour then its server broken
the error says in sql shell " could not connect to server: Connection
refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"
I changed the port and nothing different
yes this problem is happening regularly but with me nothing solved it

I tried to go to configuration files (the pg_hba.conf ( I added a line in
the last
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5)
and in postgresql.conf file (the listening addresses was already to :"*")

also I when I try to start the server from service tab says
the postgres service cannot restart
it says that "some services stop automatically if they are not in use by
other services or programs
and when I check it in the event viewer there is an error says
"FATAL: XX000: C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\bin\postgres.exe: could not
locate matching postgres executable LOCATION: getInstallationPaths,
d:\pginstaller_13.auto\postgres.windows-x64\src\backend\postmaster\postmaster.c:1489"

and maybe you need to know that after I finish installing the postgre
program I haven't installed the stack builder and when I run the sql shell
for first time there were a problem says "Console code page (437) differs
from Windows code page (1252)
8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
page "Notes for Windows users"
and I solved this problem by go to registry
editor/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/command processor
and there i have entered a new string value called Autorun and its value is
chcp 1252

I hope you’ll help me to fix this problem because I have many tasks I
couldn't do because the postgres problem

thank you for your efforts
my best regards