Allowing John to Drop Triggers On Chad's Tables

From: Fred Habash <fmhabash(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Allowing John to Drop Triggers On Chad's Tables
Date: 2021-03-15 19:20:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Based on my research, There are the options I have identified to allow user
'John' to drop a trigger on a table owner by 'Chad' ..

1. Make John a superuser
2. grant chad to john ;
3. Have Chad create a wrapper definer-rights procedure to drop triggers &
grant execute to John.
4. Give John Chad's password!

None of these options appeal to me. If there is a 'grant trigger' why is
there not a 'grant drop trigger'?

Any other options since Chad has one table to allow John to drop triggers
on?

Thank you