Database and Table stats gets reset automatically

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General Discussion Forum <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database and Table stats gets reset automatically
Date: 2016-07-25 04:58:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have PostgreSQL v9.4.4 running in my environment. It has been up for over
2 years now. I noticed that suddenly the statistics have been reset and all
the stat tables/columns got restarted from.

This happened 2 weeks ago. I noticed only recently after I looked at the
plot over last week (which dipped suddenly for "number of tuples returned",
"number of conflicts" etc).

The columns which got reset are from pg_stat_database, pg_stat_user_tables,
pg_stat_bgwriter

As far I know no one has fired pg_stat_reset or pg_stat_reset_shared.

I noticed that the last largest value is from pg_stat_user_tables.
tup_returned (470440261405). Does the statistics get reset automatically
when the value for one of the statistics reaches the high number supported
by int4?

I am running on Red Hat 6.7.

Regards
Sameer
Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com