Online recovery of Tablespace

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General Discussion Forum <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Online recovery of Tablespace
Date: 2014-05-22 06:41:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am designing backup strategy for a PostgreSQL database (v9.3). I have a
scenario for recovery of tablespaces:

1. Backup of whole database (including individual tablespaces which are
stored on different disks) has been taken at 11AM

2. My disk which stores tablespace- tblspc1 crashed at 2:00PM

3. Can I restore the backup of 11AM (only for one tablespace) and then
recover that tablespace to 2:00PM state?

Is this possible? I have attached the steps I tried (I believe logically my
steps are wrong, since I am using recovery.conf but I am not replacing data
directory).

But is there any way to specify in recovery.conf or otherwise that I would
allow me to do recovery of transactions of a particular tablespace? A
custom solution which occurs to me is using pg_xlogdump contrib. Has anyone
tried something similar?

Best Regards,

*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: *+65 8110 0350 <%2B65%208110%200350>* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

*[image: icons]*

[image: Email patch] <http://www.ashnik.com/>

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Attachment Content-Type Size
tablespace_recovery.txt text/plain 2.6 KB