Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Cc: Ian Barwick <ian(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"
Date: 2014-05-28 06:14:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Gabriele Bartolini <
gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it> wrote:

> Ops
>
> * Introduce replication slots
> * Logical decoding
> ** Add new wal_level, logical, sufficient for logical decoding.
> ** Introduce logical decoding.
> * pg_prewarm, a contrib module for prewarming relationd data.
> * Add CREATE TABLESPACE ... WITH ... Options
> * Add ALTER TABLESPACE ... MOVE command
> * Add pg_stat_archiver statistics view.
> * pg_basebackup: Add support for relocating tablespaces
> * Allow BASE_BACKUP to be throttled
> * Add recovery_target='immediate' option
> * Allow time delayed standbys and recovery
> * Add ALTER SYSTEM command to edit the server configuration file
> * auto_explain: Add logging of trigger execution
>
> Any thoughts?

​I went through the wiki page (and I understand that it is WIP), I did not
see Time Delayed Standby listed there:
I believe 9.4 will introduce a new recovery.conf parameter
recovery_min_apply_delay ​

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/standby-settings.html

​Am I missing something or the feature has been postponed? Or someone has
this on ToDo list [ :-) ] ?

Best Regards,

*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: *+65 8110 0350* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

*[image: icons]*

[image: Email patch] <http://www.ashnik.com/>

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).