Re: Simple Web-based alternative to PgAdmin

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: AlexK <alkuzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General Discussion Forum <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simple Web-based alternative to PgAdmin
Date: 2014-02-20 04:32:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:17 AM, AlexK <alkuzo(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I would like to give my users the ability to invoke read-only functions and
> select statements, so that they can easily see the data. Both me and the
> users have experience mostly with SQL Server, so anyone can keep like 30
> connections without much thinking.

Configure connection pooling at statement level (since you are only using
read only queries) using pgbouncer and it would be a good idea to use a
read-only user.

Can you recommend something very simple and light-weight, with only one
> feature: run a query and display a result set.

A web-based tool:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1485/

Best Regards,

*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: *+65 8110 0350* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

*[image: icons]*

[image: Email patch] <http://www.ashnik.com/>

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).