Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: DFE <mimmopasticcio(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive_cleanup_command when is called?
Date: 2014-01-17 02:56:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

> since the issue happens in a production environment, I cannot perform
> these kind of tests.

pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup should cause any harm in your production
environment. Anyways, it's better to test out things in a Test Env.
Meanwhile, I will recommend that you setup and enable logging and log
collector for your Production instance.

For the moment I will disable the PITR archiving and go on only with
> the Streaming Replica.

If your transaction volume is huge, make sure to keep wal_keep_segment
significantly high.

> I will try to replicate the issue in a DEV environment.

Best Regards,
*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore
069533
M : *+65 8110 0350* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

[image: email patch]

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).