Re: PGDG packaged RepMgr v5.2.1 does not create necessary directories

From: Greg Clough <greg(at)gclough(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGDG packaged RepMgr v5.2.1 does not create necessary directories
Date: 2021-01-21 22:30:57
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi Devrim,

When repmgr tried to start, it failed because those directories don't
exist. I cleaned it up with a fresh OS install and tried the 2ndQuadrant
repo packages... and these made the directories during the "yum install".

I didn't think repmgr was SUID root (but I didn't check), so it can't mkdir
in /run during startup, right?

Maybe I've screwed something up here, so I'll do some more basic testing,
and send you the output.

Thanks,
Greg.